alexa_media_player: Media Player Echo availability issue in HA when selecting wrong region

Describe the bug Echo becomes unavailable in the Echo Media Player integration

To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior: Posting this as a possible bug in Git Echo Firmware: 7416571524 (not Echo Dot) My Echo appears also to be unavailable now. Reinstall Integration Restart HA Both Echo playing music when HA restarted Echo unavailable Reload Integration Echo unavailable Restart Music Echo unavailable Restart HA Music playing on echo Echo unavailable Restart Echo Echo available for 45s then unavailable Start a song or pause a song or change the volume Echo available for ±3s (yes 3s) then unavailable Echo play next song Echo available for ±3s then unavailable

Expected behavior Echo should always be available unless disabled or off

Screenshots NA

System details

  • Home-assistant (version): Home Assistant 2022.7.6 Frontend 20220707.1 - latest

  • Hassio (Yes/No): HA on UNRaid uses docker containers HA Core

  • alexa_media (version from or HA startup):

  • alexapy (version from pip show alexapy or HA startup): Name: alexapy Version: 1.26.1

  • Amazon 2FA is enabled (y/n). We will not debug login issues if unanswered: I did do it so yes i guess?

Logs Please provide logs. We’ll be most likely asking for them anyway. Logs attached HA-Alexa_media-Player.txt

Additional context Add any other context about the problem here.

About this issue

  • Original URL
  • State: closed
  • Created 2 years ago
  • Comments: 22 (8 by maintainers)

Most upvoted comments

Since nobody answered my questions I will just do an update with what I have figured out. So I have removed the integration an readded it with correct region. In my case I had to use “” instead of “”. After that all amazon devices worked fine for me. image

@ionultd maybe that could be one possible issue

Hi I seem to have the same problem after the last update all Echos are shown but in the HA entity list are shown as unavailabe. Reload of the Alexa SW has been done as well as restart. All was working before the last update.